Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Blog Update: State of The Blog and Random and Sundry Thoughts

Figured since I have not written a review since Yosuga no Sora figured I'd give an update that no I have not dropped off the face of the earth or abandoned blogging I have simply been consuming a lot more Anime and not reviewing it as I dropped reviewing Classicaloid and retired the weekly streaming review for each season. As this honestly, I feel ran it's course and the shows I was reviewing were reviewed better by people at Anime News Network or the shows where not much of anything to review one only has to look at my reviews of Luck and Logic and Hundred to see that it became increasingly hard to try and find anything constructive or insightful to say about some of the series I've reviewed in the past. Another thing holding up reviews is a lot of the series I plan on reviewing are either tied up in pre-orders or it will involve me haveing to read a Light Novel wich takes significantly longer to read and write than a review of one volume of Manga or one episode of Anime. With reviews of Goblin Slayer, the next two volumes of both The Irregular At Magic High School andThe Legend of The Galactic Heroes and Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody all coming in on top of haveing to finish Futaro Yamada's The Kouga Ninja Scrolls and watching a total of 34 series. So a lot of irons are in the fire on top of it being the holiday season and since I work in retail that means I will be extremely busy with work on top of social functions so finding the time to consume, analyze, and interpret a piece of media is going to be a luxury for the next couple months. Besides I am haveing way too much fun just watching things like Dragon Ball Super, Drifters, Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari, Kaijuu Girls, Keijo!!!!!!!!, and Tiger Mask W. While online reviewing that I consume has basically trickled down to the Youtube channels of Kenji the Enji and Anime Everyday. I've tried in the past to try and give channels like Animerica and Digibro a hearing but ultimately it just feels like a couple of over blown characters trying to either milk controversy for page views and potential income or setting up some overblown "Star System" fictional universe and bad sketch comedy. I wish them both well but simply put it is not for me. While Anime News Network I still like Anime News Network interviews are almost always on point news is varied and frequent and the forum while I'm not as involved in the forum as I was when I first joined in 2010 but it's still a good forum for as little as I'm involved. Yet and this was something I was going to write about at the end of the year but I figured might as well write about ti now and that is Hope Chapman who some may remember from her time on That Guy With The Glasses and Youtube doing the JesuOtaku Anime Review wich I always but thought the series "jumped the shark" after her 100 favorite Anime list devolving into the kind of profane sketch based video reviewing that has become par for the course on what is now Channel Awsome. Then she quit TGWTG and got a job as the Associate Editor of Editorial at ANN and engaged to Executive Editor Zac Bertschy who also who also hots the ANNcast wich is the only Anime related podcast I listen to. Anyway, Hope's reviews became increasingly based on an increasingly liberal social view point the Apothis of this being her review of Konosuba's first episode. Until come to find out Hope has now decided she is and always has been a Man. and has recently married Zac so now she passes herself off as man it's sad because a smart female voice has been silenced because of her giving her self over to depraved and sinful life style there is still hope for her to repent and be forgiven no one is too far from the Grace of God to save anyone no matter how deep in rebellion they may be but I digress. Anyway, this whole acceptance of Hope's new "identity has frankly made ANN a much sadder place for me as no one seems willing to mourn the passing of Hope and this morsl travisty that is her trying to pass as a man. Or the outright approveal of it wich for me sin is sin and I'm not going to be a jerk about it but I will not approve of what I see and The Bible of wich I am completely beholden to trust honor, and revere say is a sin. I really wish this sort of thing did'nt have to be brought up but I have nowhere else to speak my mind on this and this will be the only time I'll write about it on here. Becuese honestly the whole issue of Transgenderism makes me profoundly sad as it is little else than a "slow motion suicide". While the ANNcast when it was Zac and Justin hosting it felt ordered and neat with Hope and Zac it has a tendency to devolve into one those free-form rambling Anime podcasts that feel like a conversation out of the club meetings in Genshiken. Thankfully there is still some structure to the show but I don't know how long that will last and the ANNcas moving to Youtube has me worried that it may end up like Crunchyroll's podcast a sad attempt at trying to brand the lifestyle of the website through the employees who do not know how to speak in a podcast setting and mostly ends up feeling like a gauche attempt at trying to sell fans on the "experience" of Crunchyroll. I hope this does not happen but given the judicial hardening Hope has undergone and people on ANN turning a blind eye to it or celebrating it I honestly the prospect of watching ti week to week too depressing to endure. beyond the "scarification" of her voice by taking Testosterone being hard enough. so enough on that just know I have not given up reviewing only The Stream feature and reviews are going to take longer due to work and Novels taking longer to read and write reviews for. With that, I hope this has not been too boring or unintentionally insensitive in some places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.