Monday, June 27, 2016

Spring Cleaning and Summer Set Up: End of Spring 2016 and the beging of Summer 2016 and site update

With Hundred wrapping up today the Spring 2016 that means Summer 2016 will soon be upon me and after Hundred wraps and I get the few straggling series that I have to finish up that have one or two episodes left. As for what I'm looking forward to this Summer high up on the list is Love Live Sunshine which while I was late to the party on the original Love Live School Idol Project. I'm on the ground floor from my favorite Aqours member (Ruby Kurosawa) to favorite Sub Unit (Guilty Kiss). I digress also as a site update my old Pavilion Laptop died so I had to buy a new one so I've been haveing to learn how to use the newer laptop I got and the heat wave and road construction it's been hard trying to work out the wherewithal to write a good review. Also on the watch list is Berserk now I watched the original Anime early on when I got back into Anime when I was 24 to 25. I didn't bother with the movie trilogy as it was just a retelling of the TV series with new CGI. While this is a completely new TV series based on post-Golden Age story arcs. It does not look good and some of the character design make Farnese and Serpico look like rejects from a Sentai team. Still, I have some hope that it will at least be written better. Second up is Orange based on the Manga of the same name I loved the original series I can only hope that the darker elements are not muted due to potential concerns from PTAs. Next is Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari 2nd the second half of Active Raid a Mecha series from this winter I had hopes for but ended up an incoherent garbled mess of weird tonal shifts. I can only hope it gets better in this as it could be good if handled rightly. Finally, Masou Gakuen HxH a Harem Light Novel with mecha elements honestly I am only watching this because it looks to be positively ribald and no real reason otherwise I may review it again it all depends on what is getting picked up by Crunchyroll and Funimation. So far I will be reviewing Love Live Sunshine that you have my word on so I'm back to reviewing three for the season but hopefully none of this will be as bad as Luck and Logic ended up being. So onward and upward into Summer 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.